Wednesday, August 21, 2013

sorry












I have an apology to make to Jon Lester.  A few days ago I planned to write about what a disappointing pitcher he's been, highlighting all the reasons why the Red Sox should pull him from the starting rotation.

I believe Josh Beckett (his fried chicken and beer guzzling included) was a terrible influence on Jon Lester.  Even after Beckett was traded, Lester never seemed to get back on track.  In addition, I've carried a chip on my shoulder that Terry Francona was fired because of Beckett and Lester's sloppiness.  (I love Terry Francona.)  Needless to say, Lester has been on my Get-Him-Out-of-There List for a while.

And then he played on Monday.  Granted, he pitched against the Giants who are mediocre at best.  But still, they're a major league team and Lester went eight plus innings against quality batters.  I was impressed.

So I offer my sincerest apologies to you, Mr. Lester.  My fingers are crossed that your next start will be as good.

1 comment:

  1. makes me want to see the game. This reminds me of how articulate and original you were on the radio sports radio show, the Score.

    ReplyDelete