Monday, October 3, 2011

vermont

Many years ago, my dad lived in Stowe, Vermont and my sister and I would stay with him on the weekends.  His house was a tiny red cabin tucked in the woods.  We called it "The Mouse House". 

This past week, I've been researching Vermont.  It has been over a decade since I visited and I wanted to spark my memory.  Here's a map I found that reminded me of the long drive we'd take every Friday from Rhode Island.




And here is a painting of Vermont that I really like.  Fall looked just like this.




I also found a great list of people from Vermont.  Some of my favorites:  John Irving (author), Melissa Leo (actress), John Deere (inventor of the steel plow), Carlton Fisk (Major League Baseball Hall of Fame catcher), Robert Frost (poet), David Mamet (playwright), and Joe Perry (lead guitarist for Aerosmith).  Click here to view the complete list.

Is there a place that you haven't thought about in a long time? I'd love to know where it is!

Map via map-of-usa.
Painting via caulfieldartgallery.

1 comment:

  1. so nicely done! makes me happy to live in New England + Fall is upon us.

    ReplyDelete