Saturday, October 8, 2011

tim burton



Last night, I went to see the Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA and I absolutely loved his work.  Many of his drawings have a wonderful sense of humor.  One of my favorites (shown above) is a print of "Romeo and Juliet".

The exhibit also presented framed lists written by Mr. Burton when he was a teenager.  For example, there was a list of some of his favorite horror films and a list about dirty jokes.  And I loved this drawing and poem (shown below) of a "melancholy melon head".  Click here to view more of Tim Burton's poetry and art.


The Tim Burton exhibit challenged me to think about writing.  Burton is an artist who connects deeply to the memory of his childhood and where he grew up.  As a writer, I feel inspired to remember who I was as a kid and use this as a source for my work.

(Sources: #1 tbcollectivenews, #2 dd.dynamicdiagrams)

1 comment:

  1. love this sis! especially the romeo and juliet! thanks for sharing, and cant wait to go to the exhibit myself;) xoxo maybe you want to see it again with me next week?

    ReplyDelete