Wednesday, April 6, 2011

all i need to know i learned from my cat


All I Need To Know I Learned From My Cat
by Suzy Becker

Synopsis from GoodreadsIt's the 1.6-million-copy bestseller that skips the jargon and psychobabble, and instead features straight-talking, down-to-earth, clear-cut advice-that of writer and cartoonist Suzy Becker's cat.  Altogether, there are over 90 simple life lessons, irresistibly illustrated in full-color. Proving what all cat fanciers suspect about their own pets, Suzy Becker's cat is a fount of wisdom. The book covers everything from grooming, health, and diet to being completely well-adjusted, and imparts perhaps the most valuable piece of advice a cat could give: "There is always time for a nap."


What I think:  Some of my favorite pieces of advice from this book are:
          "Notice the squirrels.  Chase the butterflies.  Investigate the shadows."
          "Don't be afraid to take chances."
          "Depend on others without losing your independence."
          "Enjoy your own company."
          "Be easy to come home to."

1 comment: