Wednesday, December 1, 2010

'tis the season


I love this time of year.  It's a time where I catch up on my reading list.  During Thanksgiving break, I read "The Help" by Kathryn Sockett (loved it), "Hector and the Search for Happiness" by Francios Lelord and now I am half way through "Keeper" by Kathi Appelt.

My most recent reading got me thinking about my very favorite books.  Even though I enjoyed all of my Thanksgiving reads, I don't think of any of them will become a forever favorite.  Here are some of the books that I will never forget.

FAVORITE BOOK WHEN I WAS A LITTLE KID "A Light in the Attic" by Shel Silverstein (When I was 9 years old, I memorized a poem from this collection called "Clarence")

FAVORITE BOOK WHEN I WAS AN OLDER KID "Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

FAVORITE BOOK IN VERSE "Love that Dog" by Sharon Creech

FAVORITE ADULT BOOK "Griffin and Sabine"by Nick Bantock

FAVORITE TITLE "The Liars Club"by Mary Karr

FAVORITE CLASSIC "The Old Man and the Sea"by Ernest Hemingway

FAVORITE BOOK ABOUT WRITING (tie) "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott and "Writing Down the Bones" by Natalie Goldberg

FAVORITE BOOK FOR ARTISTS "The Artist's Way" and "The Vein of Gold" by Julia Cameron

What are some of your favorite books?

2 comments:

  1. ok here goes:
    Fiction: Trip to the Stars.The Hours.At Nightfall.Peace Like a River.History of Love. Shantaram.The Imperfectionists.Wait Until Spring Bandini.Kite Runner.Prodigal Summer.Poisonwood Bible.The Snow Goose.Skinny Legs + All.
    Memoir: Expecting Adam.Diving Bell + Butterfly. Glass Castle.Dead End Gene Pool
    Science: Chaos by Gleick.A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bryson
    Mysticism: anything by Terence McKenna anything by Krishnamurti The Tracker by Tom Brown The Wonderful World of Henry Sugar by Dahl
    poets: Rumi Mary Oliver
    Short story: Rocking Horse Winner
    Children's book: Ferdinand the Bull

    ReplyDelete