Wednesday, November 16, 2011

london




I'm just returning from a quick trip to London. During the visit, I went to the Tate Modern Art Museum.  After perusing the works of Dali, Pollock, Miro, Giacometti, and Picaso, I headed to the museum gift shop.  I purchased quite a few postcards (see example below) and a great little book called "Nicholas and the Gang"by Goscinny and Sempe.  I just love museum gift shops.  You?




This postcard is from The Quilts of Gee's Bend collection.  It's titled "Housetop" by Rita Mae Pettway.

3 comments:

  1. Am a Huge fan of Gee's Bend quilts, remind me to show you the book when you're home. Makes a wonderful post card ~where did you get such good taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, love museum gift shops. Sometimes go to the gift shop and not the museum. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p. s. Love your comment on my 'eyes' post - I hadn't realized the words formed a face . . .it just 'felt' right. xx

    ReplyDelete